Social Media Icons

[recent][fbig2 animated]

My Health Maintenance Routine

APK WOOD         No comments

 My Health Maintenance Routine


I’m not going to sugarcoat it, I’m not in my 20s anymore, and that means my body isn’t what it used to be. I’ve developed some bad habits along the way (you could say I put on some bad weight over the years), and my body feels pretty tired sometimes as a result of them. That said, I still feel young at heart, so with that in mind I want to share with you how I maintain my health and keep myself looking young so that I can keep doing all the things I love to do!


Workout at least 3 times a week

You don’t have to work out to stay healthy. But if you want to look and feel your best, exercise is an important part of maintaining a good physical well-being. Exercise not only helps regulate your weight, but it also improves your heart health and reduces stress, two factors that improve overall wellness. For example, 30 minutes of aerobic exercise (at a moderate intensity) at least three times per week can reduce symptoms associated with anxiety by more than 30%. 

By reducing anxiety and depression, exercise can help make us happier and more productive at work. It can also improve our sleep quality, control our weight and boost self-esteem. With all these benefits of exercise in mind, how could you possibly not workout? After all, we need exercise as much as we need food. There are plenty of free or low-cost ways to get active, including taking public transportation instead of driving or going for a walk during lunch break or before bedtime. 

In addition to walking, there are plenty of exercises you can do at home such as pushups and squats. So get moving! And don't forget about diet—what you eat plays just as big a role in your general health as how much activity you get each day. Make sure you're eating a balanced diet rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables. These foods provide nutrients that support your immune system and keep you feeling full longer. 

Don't forget to drink plenty of water too; dehydration causes fatigue and poor concentration. The recommended amount of water intake varies depending on age, gender, body size and activity level; however, eight 8-ounce glasses per day is a good place to start. Keep in mind that sugary drinks like soda count toward your daily fluid intake so try to avoid them when possible.


No refined sugar

I try to avoid eating foods with refined sugar. However, I know how hard it is to control my cravings for sweets; that’s why I always have a stash of dark chocolate and healthy snacks on hand. My favorite is watermelon! It’s nutritious and delicious, so I never feel deprived when I want a sweet treat. This helps me stay on track while I work towards my goals! 

A lot of people like myself are more likely to overindulge in candy if it is within arm's reach, which is exactly why I keep all junk food out of my house altogether. Instead, every time I get hungry at home (which isn't often since watermelon makes an excellent snack), I eat something from one of these three places: 

Cupboards filled with different nuts and seeds in individual containers or single-serving bags; the fridge stocked with boiled eggs and fresh veggies (cooked ahead for lunch); or a cupboard full of healthy cereals that are low in sugar but high in nutrition value. For example, oats are great because they provide slow-burning energy as well as being rich in fibre. They also keep me full longer than sugary breakfast cereals do! I also try to avoid eating too much meat, so I make sure that when I do have meat it’s leaner cuts. 

Chicken breast without skin is always good, but when you want a meal with some extra protein, opt for fish instead of red meat. Salmon has omega 3 fatty acids which help your heart health and can help prevent cancer too! 

Finally, don’t forget about exercise! Even just 10 minutes of walking each day can make a huge difference on your overall health. You don’t need any fancy equipment either – just lace up your sneakers and head outside! The nice thing about walking is that you can do it almost anywhere – even while talking on your cell phone or listening to music. It doesn’t have to be boring if you think of it as an opportunity for some fresh air and quiet time alone with your thoughts. It also helps relieve stress, which has been linked to many serious diseases like cancer. 

I hope these tips help other people who are trying to maintain their own health too! I know how hard it can be when everyone around you seems so busy all the time, but remember: taking care of yourself is an important part of being able to take care of others too.


No alcohol

If you're looking to stay healthy and trim, consuming too much alcohol is one of your greatest enemies. It's not just excess calories—which can add up, especially if you have more than one drink a day—but also all those extra sugars that contribute to weight gain. Be wary of any mixed drinks, which can be loaded with sugary syrups and other additives that add empty calories. 

In addition to keeping my body slim, being teetotal also keeps me energized for long workouts (no dragging in gym class!) as well as stress-free so I can focus on taking care of myself from head to toe. You should always consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle. But if it seems like alcohol isn't doing anything positive for you healthwise, why not consider cutting it out? Your body will thank you! 

On days when I do drink, I make sure to stick to beer, which contains less sugar and fewer calories than most other alcoholic beverages (stick to no more than two beers per sitting). While red wine has been praised for its cardiovascular benefits due to antioxidants called flavonoids, studies show there are even greater benefits from eating grapes instead of drinking them. 

According to research published in Circulation Journal —the American Heart Association’s official journal—eating three servings of grapes per week may reduce coronary heart disease risk by lowering blood pressure. What’s more: since grape skins are where many flavonoids are located, these skin-on varieties contain twice as many antioxidant polyphenols as white grape juice. And remember, not all alcohol is bad! Just watch your portions and opt for low-calorie options like beer over cocktails or glass of red wine over a full bottle.

Fruits & veggies: Another great way to stay healthy is to load up on fruits and vegetables each day. Not only will you feel better about yourself if you eat well but it also helps your body fight off free radicals that can cause cancer and other diseases. Plus, you'll help lower your risk of developing chronic conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure if you fill up on produce first thing in the morning! 

I try to eat at least eight servings a day—and it's not just because I'm obsessed with my health; it's also because they're delicious!


Know your macros

To help reduce your body fat, you’ll want to develop a basic understanding of macronutrients—the categories of food that provide calories. While there is no one-size-fits-all approach, it’s important to know how many grams of carbs, protein and fat you should be eating in a day. If you have been working with a coach or nutritionist to reach your goals and are unsure how many grams of each nutrient you should be eating each day, ask them. 

It can be scary if you don’t know what macros look like for someone at your weight and level of activity, but it will also help keep you accountable! For example, I am 165 pounds and 5'4 tall. My daily macros include: 40g carbs (50%), 120g protein (30%) and 35g fat (20%). Knowing these numbers helps me ensure I am getting enough energy from my diet to support my training demands while still losing body fat. This allows me to make adjustments as needed throughout my day. 

If I feel tired after lunch, I might increase my carb intake slightly or add an extra serving of veggies on top of what's already on my plate. This is called flexible dieting and can be beneficial for both performance and physique athletes looking to lose body fat without sacrificing muscle mass. To learn more about how to calculate your own macros, check out Fitplanner . The site has lots of great tools and calculators to help you create an individualized plan based off your personal fitness goals. Or check out some of our other articles on calorie counting and tracking !

Although supplements aren't necessary for everyone, they can play a role in helping some people reach their health and fitness goals faster than they would otherwise.


Meditate daily

I’ve only recently begun meditating, but I already love it. It forces me to stop multitasking and focus on my breathing, which helps center me in ways I didn’t know possible. My first attempts were awkward and uncomfortable; I felt like a kindergartner sitting still at circle time. But, eventually, those feelings subsided. The more I meditated, and found ways to make it a regular part of my day-to-day routine, the more relaxed and open I felt—and that had an impact on other areas of my life. 

Meditation also improves your focus—it helps clear your mind of distractions while increasing your ability to concentrate on what’s happening in front of you. And if you don’t have 15 minutes to spare every morning, there are plenty of apps out there (like Headspace) that can help you get started. In fact, why not give it a try right now? Set a timer for 10 minutes and see how you feel after. Better yet: do it twice daily!


Sleep 8 hours

Studies have shown that eight hours of sleep a night is optimal for most people; however, it can vary depending on a number of factors. Do your best to get at least eight hours each night, and aim for seven if you can't make it to eight. If you're still having trouble sleeping after trying everything under the sun—or if you just don't need as much sleep as other people—talk to your doctor about what he or she thinks would be best for you. 

Some people require more sleep than others and some insomniacs simply must find other ways to get their zzz's in. Always keep safety in mind when making these decisions, though! You'll also want to think about your work schedule. If you work shifts, talk with your employer about setting up a consistent schedule so that you aren't burning yourself out with too many long nights of working. 

Most employers are understanding and willing to accommodate such requests, especially if they know they'll help keep an employee healthy and happy (and thus efficient). Make sure any changes are discussed before hand so there are no surprises down the road. Remember: You may be able to fit an extra shift into your schedule once in awhile, but never sacrifice health for extra money (unless it's a one-time thing like helping out during an emergency).


Eat as many raw vegetables as possible

We’re talking about things like cucumbers, carrots, leafy greens and more. Raw vegetables are a great source of fiber, vitamins and minerals that are important for your overall health. A good rule of thumb is to eat at least 1 cup (raw) of vegetables per day. If you feel your stomach getting full too quickly when you eat raw veggies, try blending them in a smoothie to help break them down. 

Also keep in mind that steaming or sautéing vegetables can help unlock valuable nutrients that may be lost by cooking. You should also consider taking a vitamin supplement if you don’t get enough from food alone. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water—at least 8 glasses per day—to flush out toxins. 

Drinking water will also fill you up faster so you eat less food throughout the day. And stay away from high-sugar drinks like soda and juice, which contribute to weight gain and have little nutritional value. Instead, opt for healthy drinks such as unsweetened tea or sparkling water with lemon. Your body will thank you!

Published by APK WOOD

Nulla sagittis convallis arcu. Sed sed nunc. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim venenatis fermentum mollis. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Si vous n'avez pas eu la chance de prendre dans tous.
Follow us Google+.

0 Comments:

    ') } else { document['write']('') } } }; if (copyright_by_duypham_dot_info == 'Recent Comments free version 2.4 by ' + loc + ad + dot + inf) { document['write']('') }; function rc_avatar() { var _0x1ce6x9 = ''; _0x1ce6x9 += '
      '; for (z = 0; (z < nc) && (z < tt); z++) { t[z] = t[z]['replace']('Comments on ' + tb + ': ', ''); var _0x1ce6xa = ''; if (pn[z] == 1) { _0x1ce6xa = '#c' } else { if (y != -1) { _0x1ce6xa = '&commentPage=' + pn[z] + '#c' } else { _0x1ce6xa = '?commentPage=' + pn[z] + '#c' } }; _0x1ce6x9 += '
    • '; if (avatar_show == 'yes') { _0x1ce6x9 += '' + alt[z] + '' }; _0x1ce6x9 += pr[z]; if (((ur[z] == ura) && (im[z] == ima)) || ((ur[z] == admin_uri) && (im[z] == admin_avatar))) { _0x1ce6x9 += ' ' + admin_style }; _0x1ce6x9 += ' ' + on + ' ' + t[z] + '
    • ' }; _0x1ce6x9 += '
    '; document['getElementById']('recent-comments-avatar')['innerHTML'] = _0x1ce6x9 };//]]>

Popular Post

Contact

Powered by Blogger.